- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agenesis ...
- Defintion and description of ACC
- A community for discussion agenesis of the corpus callosum and other callosal disorders.
- National Organization for Disorders of the Corpus Callosum (NODCC) - a non-profit corporation established by professionals, parents and individuals with corpus callosum disorders
- Aicardi Syndrome Foundation - provides information and comfort to families and friends of children diagnosed with Aicardi Syndrome.
- Cry-sis - support for families with excessively crying, sleepless and demanding children.
- Hyperactive Children's Support Group - Information relating to help with problems relating to hyperactivity
Clothing / Toys
- Disabled clothing and wheelchair clothing
- Special needs clothing inclusing bibs, vests, swimwear etc.
- Sensory Toys & Special Needs Toys
- TFH - Large range of special need toys
- Squease is an inflatable Deep Pressure vest inside a fashionable hooded sweatshirt.
- Range of wooden toys and glitter tubes.
- Fledglings - helps parents and carers of a child with special needs to find simple, affordable solutions to practical problems.
- Seenin - produce garments for both adults and children with special needs, which includes wheelchair covers, feeding bibs, feeding aprons, kerchiefs and changing mats
Depression / Stress
- Association for Postnatal Support (APNI) - Telephone support for mothers with postnatal depression.
Development / Education
- Sure Start - Provides information on Government support for children, parents and communities.
- Advisory Centre for Education (ACE) - Advice for parents on state education, special education, exclusion from school, bullying and school admission appeals
- Epilepsy Action have a helpline and regular magazines and support groups for those with epilpesy.
- Special needs harnesses for vehicle seats, wheelchairs, shower & bath hoists, commode chairs, walking reins and more.
- Good range of special needs car seats
- Range of weighted and sensory products
- Specialist seating including the p pod seat
- Lap tray for wheelchairs, buggies, car seats
Grants for Equipment
- Provides specialist equipment, treatment and therapies for sick and disabled children across the UK
- Family Fund for Families with Severely Disabled Children - Gives cash grants to ease stress on families caring for severely disabled children under 17.
- Providing equipment to help individual children, nurse support services, medical research, awareness and campaigning
- varietyclub.org.uk/how-we-help ...
- Provide grants for equipment and wheelchairs
- Gingerbread - Self-help association for one parent families.
- Promotes education, good practice and research into the theory and practice of Ayres' Sensory Integration.
- AFASIC (Association for all Speech Impaired Children) - Helps children with speech and language disorders.
- Enuresis Resource and Information Centre - provides advice and information to children, young adults, parents and professionals on bedwetting and soiling.
- Child Growth Foundation - Information and advice for parents concerned about their child's growth
- I CAN - Advice and information for parents of children with speech and language difficulties.
- National Autistic Society - Advice and information on autism, puts parents/carers in touch, provides day and residential centres for the care and education of autistic children.
- NHS Direct - 24hr nurse led helpline giving health information and advice.
- UNIQUE - a rare chromosome disorder support group that produces regular newsletters and genetic information.
- Magazine for parents of young children with additional needs
- Advice and information for disabled and mobility restricted passengers travelling through UK Airports.
- The Choice Care Group - provides personalised residential support for adults with learning disabilities, mental health disorders and complex emotional and behavioural needs across 39 homes in Berkshire, Wiltshire, Hampshire and Gloucestershire.
- Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice on all benefits, housing and your rights generally.
- Disability Alliance - Information and advice on benefits for all people with disabilities
- Programme aimed at realising the potential of children with developemental delay, brain injury or a genetic condition.
- Contact a Family - Links families with special needs and offers information on specific conditions and rare disorders.
- Cerebra - Has a quarterly bulletin that offers a wealth of information and stories for parents and carers of children with neurological disorders.
- Disabled Living Foundation - Source of information on daily living and disability equipment.
- Council for Disabled Children - Information for parents and details of all organisations offering help with particular disabilities.
- Parentline Plus - Offers support to anyone parenting a child.
HERE ARE SOME LINKS FOR WEBSITES YOU MAY FIND HELPFULL, PLEASE NOTE WE ARE NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY TO ANY OF THESE LINKS